Monday, December 05, 2005

Favorite Christmas Movies

I am not much of a movie watcher. Really--ask anyone who knows me; I'm not.

But for some reason, I love Christmas movies. Maybe it's because the whole family sits down together to watch. Maybe it's because there always seems to be Christmas lights reflected in the TV screen. Maybe it's because most are uplifting and cheerful. Maybe it's a combination of all the above and more. All I know is that I love them.

So here's a "made up by me" meme for my readers. You can answer in the comments or on your blog and link back here, but please, DO answer! I'd love to see if you love the same ones I do or if there's one I've missed! Feel free to use TV specials--I did.

1. Favorite Black and White Christmas Movie

"The Bishop's Wife"

2. Favorite Colorized (yes colorized--that's how I get to sneak in two black and whites) Christmas Movie

"It's a Wonderful Life"

3. Favorite Animated Christmas Movie

"A Charlie Brown Christmas"

4. Favorite Christmas Movie Remake

"The Muppet Christmas Carol"

5. Favorite rendition of "A Christmas Carol"

"The Muppet Christmas Carol"

6. Favorite "newer" Christmas Movie

"Elf"

7. Most Quotable Christmas Movie

"A Christmas Story"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom in Illinois says:

My top 8 regardless of category

8. Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer (animated)
7. Muppet Christmas Carol
6. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animated cartoon version)
5. Bishop's Wife
4. It's A Wonderful Life
3. Elf
2. Charlie Brown Christmas (cartoon)
1. Christmas Story

2:56 PM  
Blogger Donna Boucher said...

1. Favorite Black and White Christmas Movie

It's a wonderful Life
Christmas in Conn.
Meet John Doe

2. Favorite Colorized (yes colorized--that's how I get to sneak in two black and whites) Christmas Movie

The Bishops Wife

3. Favorite Animated Christmas Movie

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

4. Favorite Christmas Movie Remake

?

5. Favorite rendition of "A Christmas Carole"

1938 with Reginald Owen.
My grade school showed this to the whole school. We sat on the hard wood floor in the gym and watched it. I think I feel alseep once. ;o)





6. Favorite "newer" Christmas Movie

Home Alone :o)

7. Most Quotable Christmas Movie

White Christmas.
(And possibly my very favorite of all time )

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Favorite Black and White Christmas Movie

"It's a Wonderful Life"

2. Favorite Colorized Christmas Movie

don't have one

3. Favorite Animated Christmas Movie

"A Charlie Brown Christmas"

4. Favorite Christmas Movie Remake

"The Muppet Christmas Carol"

5. Favorite rendition of "A Christmas Carol"

"The Muppet Christmas Carol"

6. Favorite "newer" Christmas Movie

"Elf"

7. Most Quotable Christmas Movie

"A Christmas Story"

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of great choices. My favorite newer and animated film is definitely "The Happy Elf". It is a really cute story about an elf trying to bring Christmas to a town called Bluesville. And the dvd has lots of extras. You can check out the trailer at www.thehappyelf.com.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Favorite B& White- Bishop's Wife, Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life...(I know..I'm cheating!)

2)Favorite Colorized Movie - White Christmas

3)Favorite Animated- Old TIme Christmas Classics (You know which one's I mean-Max Fleischer-"a cake a soap, a cake a soap!"...)Charlie Brown Christmas, Emmet Otter's JugBand Christmas, Muppet Christmas Carol,Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (yes I'm cheating again!)

4) Favorite Christmas Movie Remake -Scrooge

5) Favorite Rendition of a Christmas Carol - Scrooge (NOT SCrooged with Bill Murray, but "Scrooge", the wonderful musical with Albert Finney

6)Favorite "Newer" Christmas Movie - THe Santa Clause"

7)Most Quotable - this is tough....I know them all by heart...Ok, I can't pick!

Can you tell I LOVE Chirstmas movies, too! Kath

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home