Friday, November 11, 2005

Wish I'd said that!

Dan Edelen at Cerulean Sanctum has a wonderful post this morning about home schooling. Every bit of it is sound and every bit of it I wish I'd said myself!

Here's a brief quote to pique your interest:

8. Always take learning back to God

As much as possible, don't allow learning to fester in a godless vacuum. As much as possible, I try to tie every bit of learning my son does in a day back to God. I just mentioned about asking about why the sun is hot and gives off light. Examine that with your child in light of the Scriptures and let him or her know that the sun has no power unless God gives it power and that without God to hold it together the sun would dissipate like mist. If we truly believe that the Lord undergirds everything that is, we need to ensure our children know that there is no divide between life and God--everything goes back to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home