Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Tag, You're It!

I have never participated in a meme, but it looks like fun and I do like to read them, so when I saw an open invitation at the Upward Call, I decided to have a go at it.

This one has seven lists of seven

Seven things to do before I die:

1. Grow in grace and truth
2. Visit Ireland
3. Face death with confidence and peace
4. See my boys happily married to godly women
5. Pray with my grandchildren
6. Teach my granddaughters to cook
7. Open a bed and breakfast

Seven things I cannot do:

1. Read a map
2. Give up on the people I love
3. Keep houseplants alive
4. Relax when the house is a mess
5. Chat on the phone
6. Keep a straight face
7. Dance

Seven things that attract me to my husband:


1. He makes me laugh every day
2. He remembers the little things
3. He is very handsome
4. He loves my cooking
5. He is patient
6. He is growing in the Lord
7. He loves our children and prays for them

Seven things I say most often:

1. “Hurry Up!” (same thing as “go potty” to my dogs)
2. “Get down!”
3. “What a good girl!”
4. “Go get in your bed!”
5. “Drop it.”
6. “Wait”
7. “Sit” (yes, I do talk to my dogs—they are voice activated)
(Please don’t think I only talk to my dogs; I talk to my cats and all the people in my house, too, but I don’t say the same things repeatedly to them as often as the dogs and the things I repeat to them might embarrass them—and me!)


Seven books (or a series of books) I love:


1. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
2. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
3. God’s Minute by L.M. Cross
4. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
5. Knowing God by J.I. Packer
6. The Complete Works of Jonathan Edwards
7. True Spirituality by Francis Schaeffer

Seven Movies I’d Watch Over and Over Again:

1. The Princess Bride
2. A Christmas Story
3. Waking Ned Divine
4. Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings
5. Citizen Kane
6. Elf
7. Milo and Otis

Seven people I’d like to tag:

1. My sister, Kathy
2. Allyson
3. Donna
4. My reader in New Mexico
5. Tulip Girl
6. my hubby (he’d never do it online. . .)
7. Anyone who would like to play along

If you don't have a blog and would like to play along, [post your answers in the comments (STRIKE THAT)]. . .if you have a blog and you decide to play, post a link in the comments and I'll move it to the post in an update. [email me your answers--it's probably more than the comments can accomodate]

UPDATE: You can read Kim's list at The Upward Call here.

Here's Allyson's list. She reminded me of a movie I missed--Enchanted April which reminded me of another movie I forgot--Babette's Feast. Oh, how could I forget that one? It's one of my very favorites. If you haven't seen it, you should. If you're a guy--hang with it. . .it's not just a chick flick; you'll like it.

Donna's list is up on Quiet Life.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I already knew we have lots in common. This give me that impression even more.

Ireland or bust!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

I thought about not putting the trip to Ireland in there--it seemed too much like copying--but anyone who knows me knows I want to go there!

My father's family was Irish on his dad's side and Welsh on his mother's and he always wanted to go there. He died before he got the chance to go and so I've always wanted to go, for him and for me.

I believe there really is something about "hiraeth"--the longing for home. In my case, it is first for heaven, but also for all the places I've lived and also my family's homeland. I can never see a wind swept Irish landscape without that, "oh, I'd love to see that" feeling of longing.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Princess Bride! Yeah. I could have put that one on my list. Milo and Otis? Pass.

Nice book list.

Tell Kathy to get a blog. I'm trying to get my sister to start one.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

I love Dudly Moore's narration. Our family has almost as many quotes from Milo and Otis as we do from the Princess Bride.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Oh yikes...
this looks like a hard one...
I'll try tomorrow!

Donna

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I did it! Some of those were hard! Especially to either come up with seven or to limit myself to seven! Anyways, here it is:
www.allyanne.typepad.com

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home