Monday, November 21, 2005

Thanksgiving Cranberry Salad


1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 package Ocean Spray Cranberries (fresh or frozen)

Bring water and sugar to boil in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Add cranberries and bring back to a boil. Simmer 10 minutes or until the cranberries burst.

While the cranberries are simmering, finely chop one rib of celery and one red or green apple. Grate the peel of one tangerine, using the coarser side of the grater. (this will be pretty thick--not like zest). After grating, juice the tangerine and toss the apples and celery in the juice to stop the apples from browning.

Once berries are ready, stir in apples, celery, juice and grated tangerine. Add a couple of handfuls of walnuts and let cool.

Best if made 2 or three days before Thanksgiving. Keeps well in fridge for up to a week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Semper Reformanda! John was a huge influence in my "conversion" to CT and Presbyterianism. Just thought he ought to know that the seeds he planted were watered and weeded along the way. I'm so thankful that he kept plugging along and challenging me. (although at times I was pretty frustrated. . .)

6:53 AM  
Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

BTW, TG, I'll be updating my links when we get back from Ohio and I'll be linking to you. . .

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home