Thursday, January 12, 2006

Sunshine

I've been waiting for that bright sunshine to show up and shine in my back door someday.

Luther Allison

Today the sun is shining! It is amazing to me how much one can overlook during extended days of gloom and cloudcover! This morning, I saw doggy noseprints on my doors and windows, dust bunnies on my hardwood floors. I saw how desperately my car needs to be washed! I saw how sluggish I had become.

Today the sun is shining! It is amazing to me how much one can see when the sun shines! I saw latent energy in the grass and shrubs--growth and brilliant color just bursting to return to life. I saw neighbors walking without hats, smiles on their faces and springs in their steps. I saw my garden as it will be in just a few, short months. I saw the hope of tomorrow and the Hand of the Almighty One Who gives us good gifts in season.

Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.

Hans Christian Andersen

Sunshine is a welcome thing. It brings a lot of brightness.

Jimmie Davis

I always feel sorry for people who think more about a rainy day ahead than sunshine today.

Rae Foley

He that will enjoy the brightness of sunshine, must quit the coolness of the shade.

Samuel Johnson

Nobody needs a smile so much as the one who has none to give. So get used to smiling heart-warming smiles, and you will spread sunshine in a sometimes dreary world.

Lawrence G. Lovasik

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.

John Ruskin

9 Comments:

Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

The more I try to fix the formatting the worse it gets!

I'm going outside to enjoy the sunshine!

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
We live in close enough proximity that I know exactly what you mean. After a few hours of scrubbing and cleaning my house is now spotless and all because the sun came out today.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Dan Sudfeld said...

Kim, Hope you enjoyed the sunshine. Now that you're back inside, let me give you a suggestion.

I'm no computer/html/blog expert, but the same thing happenend to me once. If the formatting your having problems with has to do with your sidebar being way down at the end of your page, it might have to do with your pictures. One of them may be too far over to the right. Go back and edit your posts that have pictures in them and drag them over a bit. Just a suggestion from an amateur.

If it doesn't work, just go back out into the sun :-)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Doug E. said...

I remember when I lived in Iowa (in College). The sun would shine for a few months straight.

Now I'm in CA where it shines for a few months straight. :-)

Not to rub it in.

doug

4:41 PM  
Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Dan,

Thanks for the advice. I think I know what caused the problem, though. I had marked out the quotes in quotations and then decided to pull one out and move it above my comments. Somehow I managed to take the formatting with me and the more I tried to fix it the worse it got! I think it's better now and I'm going to leave it alone.

Dan,

I can't say anything about rubbing it in because when we lived in KY we had sunny skies most of the time and I used to rub it in to my Ohio relatives all the time, so I guess I had that coming!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

That second comment was for Doug. I think I better go have a cup of coffee or something. . .

5:01 PM  
Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Lauren,

I wish I could say I got my house spotless today but I didn't! I did go out and clean up the yard though! I even got a tiny bit of a sunburn to prove it!

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, I am so with you. The sunshine-y weather definitely makes me yearn for spring though -- and it's only January!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Full Contact, Savior-centric Livin said...

Oh, thanks for the quotes about sunshine! I love good quotes and I love sunshine.

The one by Lovasik hits home especially. I used to tell my children when we'd go out to remember that they were representing Jesus and our family to the rest of the world, so spread some sunshine by smiling.

Maybe I'd read this quote way back...???

I must remind them to spread some sunshine again--at home, too!

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home