Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It takes very little to make me happy

I am not much of a jewelry person. I wear my wedding band, my mother's class ring and for the past eight years or so I have worn the same pair of earrings, day in and day out. Tiny little gold hoops with a bar clasp. Simple, easy, done.


But right before Christmas the unthinkable happened. After all these years, I lost one of my earrings. And it's strange that as understated and really ignorable they are, my ears feel naked without them.

My mother was here visiting for Christmas when it happened and so when she got home she sent me a cute little pair of silver hoops. But they don't have a bar clasp and so I have already nearly lost one of them in the shower and once when I was brushing my hair. So, cute as they are, they are not the answer to my earring problem.

Today I happened to be in Kmart and walked past the jewelry counter. It was hard to miss with the 70% off signs! I looked and looked and was about to give up and then I saw them! Tiny little gold hoops with a bar clasp. They weren't the same brand of my old favorites (Monet) but they looked really close so I bought them.

When I got them home I compared them to the old earring I still have and they are almost exactly the same! Now I have a whole set and a spare. I am very happy.

Now, do you think I'll be able to find the "spare" 8 or 10 years from now when I lose one of this pair?

4 Comments:

Blogger Kyjo said...

Seems we have similar tastes in color, Kim. ;)

9:29 PM  
Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Oh, Hi Kyle! Thanks for stopping by!

Hey, you didn't tell me you have a blog!

I'm off to check it out!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm a little gold hoop person, too, although I do love jewellry in general. However, the most understated, the best. All I wear is my school ring and my wedding rings, a necklace and a bracelet. And I don't like colored stones. Either gold alone, or a diamond.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have worn those little gold hoop earrings for several years, too, day in and day out. I lost one down the drain in the shower a couple of months ago, and have not ben able to find any more like it, so I am just not wearing any until I can find another pair like those.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home