Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Shining Pathway

It's been a while since I posted a poem from "The Shining Pathway" by Rev. Lawrence Keister.

I especially like the title of this one--at first glance it seems not to fit, and yet it does--perfectly:

Experience

Do I talk to the Lord as a little child
With words and in tones of affection,
Or in ways that reveal a heart running wild
Unmindful of wholesome correction?

Let me come to Him boldly, come as a son,
Then wait for the Father's intentions;
For my heart will be met and perfectly won
And life will have larger dimensions.

When His answer has come I know Whose it is,
He marks it with light and perfection;
And ministers life to one that is His,
In beautiful course and connection.

Then a welcome accord to truth and to love,
So needed are both and unending;
For the Kingdom of God is always above
The soul that is always ascending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home