Monday, October 24, 2005

A Hard Day's Night




This has been a tough day for our family. While Eve was off having puppies, she developed a growth on her lower muzzle. It was pretty bad looking when she came home last week, so I set up an appointment to have it checked today. All weekend long it continued to grow and began to bleed. This morning I couldn't get the bleeding stopped so I took her in early. The vet took one look at her and said, "That's coming off now!" and called his assistant in to take her to be prepped for laser surgery. When I picked her up at 5:30 I learned that the tumor had a "deep base" and was much more involved than he thought. We brought her home with a big plastic collar and she's taking a nap on the couch now. We'll find out later this week what we're dealing with.

I tried to get a picture of her with the collar, but Eve is one of those dogs that looks deep into your eyes and so I couldn't get a picture of her without glowing eyes. However, I was able to get a couple of "Ivy on patrol." Ivy has been taking care of Eve. If she stirs, Ivy is right there, licking her and checking on her. Then she runs to me with her ears down and her tail down and a face that says, "Help her."

We're all pretty devastated with this news so if you think of us, say a prayer for our Eve.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Eve! I know how difficult it is to have a sick pet! I will keep you in my prayers.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home