Thursday, October 27, 2005

One Last Taste of Summer


THAI CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP

2 TB vegetable oil
1 med. Onion thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 poblano or Anaheim peppers, seeded and julienned
1 or 2 cayenne peppers, whole (remove before serving)
Salt and pepper
2 carrots, shredded
1 stalk celery, sliced very thin
6 cups chicken broth
1 ½ pound cooked boneless, skinless chicken—cut into bite sized pieces (I microwave the chicken and cut it up after it's cooked.)
Chinese noodles (one bundle)
3 TB fresh parsley, chopped
15 fresh basil leaves, rough chopped (I use less)
1 lime

Heat a large heavy bottomed soup pot with vegetable oil over high heat. Sautee vegetables in oil 2 minutes. Add carrot and chicken broth. Cover with lid and bring to a simmer. Add chicken, simmer 5 minutes, then add noodles and simmer 5 minutes more. Remove soup from heat and add the herbs and the juice of 1 lime. Remove cayenne peppers.

This is fragrant soup is a favorite around our home. Fresh herbs and the lime juice make it very bright and summery.

2 Comments:

Blogger missmellifluous said...

Yum!

Hi there, Kim.

I'm digging around in your archives today. I think it's called 'avoiding reading Ulysses in my mid-session break. This looks delicious! I loooove Thai and chilli and lime, especially when it is combined with chicken. Yum!

I am lamenting summer as the days are getting cooler down here.

...I wonder if you will get this message considering the fact that you don't use this blog anymore.

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't update this blog anymore but it's still available for comments and I get an email update if there is a comment posted.

Try this soup. It is fabulous. So fragrant!

I forget that your seasons are opposite ours!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home