Saturday, December 10, 2005

Bok Choy Salad

I've been poking around Marla's Blog for the past few weeks. What an lovely mix of interesting, thought provoking topics and light hearted fun!

This morning I checked out her salad recipes. As usual, when I pick up a recipe or two, I like to return the favor, so here's my recipe for Bok Choy Salad:

Bok Choy Salad


1 bundle of green onions
1 head of bok choy cabbage
1/2 head of green cabbage

Chop as for slaw and refrigerate overnight.

Brown 1 package of broken Ramen noodles (noodles only) in 1 stick of butter with one package sliced almonds. When toasty brown, drain on paper towels and then refrigerate separately overnight. (it will seem as though the noodles will never brown, but take heart and pay attention--it happens fast when it does finally happen!)

dressing:

Shake together:

1 cup wesson oil (I use sunflower oil)
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
2T soy sauce

You guessed it--refrigerate overnight.

Assemble the salad right before serving, shake dressing to mix.
Toss and serve.

2 Comments:

Blogger pgepps said...

Looks good, especially after I corrected my reading from "Boy Chok" to "Bok Choy" and stopped having terrible wry-comment tendencies, which I have obviously failed to suppress.

Popped over here 'cuz I've been enjoying your comments at Le Sabot, will drop by from time to time.

Cheers!
PGE

5:34 AM  
Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

OOPs! I think I may have left my "welcome to my blog" comments over on John's comments. (Too red-faced to go see if I did. . .)

But in case I simply didn't get them posted up properly here, welcome!--and I hope you feel at home!

Kim

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home