Monday, October 03, 2005

Rebecca, of Rebecca Writes, has introduced a new theme for October: Charles Spurgeon Quote Month.

I found the theme particularly appropriate because I had planned on posting this quote on my new blog today in defense of my own lack of original thought:

"The man who never reads will never be read; he who never quotes will never be quoted. He who will not use the thoughts of other men's brains proves that he has no brain of his own." C. H. Spurgeon

As someone who has never had an original thought in my life, I can really appreciate this quotation from Spurgeon.

I have "used the thoughts of other men's brains" my whole Christian life and find that it has not made me simply a follower of other men, but truly a follower of Christ.

Paul said, "Follow the pattern of the sound words that you have heard from me, in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you."

I pray that what you will find on this blog will be "the sound words" that have resonated in my own heart as I read and then reflect upon what I have read. You'll find snippets from Reformers and blogsters, pastors and Puritans, Westminster divines and my friends.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,
I love your blog! And I love the quote you posted today. I appreciate the comfort found in a good quote.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home